Moving is considered to be one of the most difficult stages in life. However, if you follow the basic rules, then the transportation of things will go smoothly and successfully. First of all, you need to draw up a plan of action, select the optimal packaging materials and organize the property. If you want to speed up the process, then you can use the services of the moving company SoCal Pro Movers. Using such services you can avoid a lot of problems cause they really know how to make the moving much easier for you.
Depending on the number and specificity of things, you need to purchase containers in advance.
Classic set includes:
- cardboard boxes of various sizes;
- air bubble film;
- stretch film (adhesive tape);
- old newspapers and special paper;
- tissue cuts;
- garbage bags of various sizes and colors.
Remember that the quality of the container will be important for the safety of the property. You should not buy too large boxes, because when they are filled with things (books, interior items, etc.) they will become heavy and can break through under their own weight. Professional movers recommend buying medium sized boxes. But for the transport of furniture you may need special rigging belts and cardboard sheets.
- It is necessary to start packing from strong property: books, bed linen and pillows, clothes. These things can be folded into bags, after which they should be labeled so that it is easier to sort out the fact of delivery.
- To have less questions in a new place, pack things separately for all family members.
- Books are collected in stacks of 15-20 pieces, tied up or folded in boxes and sealed with tape. Do not be amiss to glue the seams of the container to make it stronger.
- Next, proceed to the packaging of plates, souvenirs and other fragile things (mirrors, glass shelves). Each item must be wrapped with a newspaper (paper) or a soft cloth so that during the transportation they do not create a ring and do not beat.
- Documents, jewelry, cash savings and other valuable property should be packed separately and kept with you. The same recommendation applies to essential medicines.
- The transportation of household appliances must be approached with the utmost responsibility, because it can break down due to shaking or hitting the road. Therefore, pack it carefully using cardboard sheets, cloth and paper.
It is advisable to use large items for transporting small ones. In pots you can place kitchen utensils, pre-wrapped it in paper. In buckets and basins you can carry packed plates. All breakable items need to be wrapped with thick cardboard and newspapers. If there are voids left in the boxes, they are filled with cloth or paper. This is done in order to protect property from injury. The price of packaging materials is several times lower than the cost of new things. A good helper is an air bubble film; you can wrap glasses, plates and cups with it. The furniture is pre-disassembled into components, between which cardboard sheets are laid. Remember labeling. It is mandatory to provide containers for small accessories (bags or boxes).
It’s important to know
Never pack books and documents with coloring or oily substances. This can lead to undesirable consequences. Also incompatible in one container food and household chemicals, sharp objects and fragile things.
Construction, paintwork, flammable materials are packed carefully and separately from other property.
It is advisable to purchase packaging materials in professional transport companies. They are relatively inexpensive, but they are indispensable helpers when moving.